Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Trip to the UP

Ok, so it's been a long time since I posted. I have been thinking lately and recently motivated to begin posting again. I have decided to make this blog a place to share all of the fun places I visit while traveling for work.

I recently traveled to Michigan. I was excited to hear that there was a job in Marquette, MI. Marquette is in the upper peninsula, a place I had always heard was beautiful. My friend Kevin had always told me how he worked in Michigan and had crossed the Mackinac Bridge. It is a 5 mile span which crosses the Straits of Mackinac, the junction of Lake Huron and Lake Michigan.


I decided to head up to Sault Ste. Marie for lunch, I had always heard about this town on the edge of the Canadian border. It was about 60 miles north of the Mackinac Bridge, and I had some time to kill.
If you look in the distance, you can see the Canadian flag on the other side of the fence.
Now, on to business. Here are some pictures of Marquette, MI, on the shores of Lake Superior.
Yes, I took this picture....
And of course, you have to eat the local food specialty. Up here it's fudge and a stuffed thing called a pasty. Pasties are filled with your choice of filling, mine had steak, potatoes, and rutabaga. It was awesome!

3 comments:

Allison said...

Glad to have you back, sweetheart! Great look at the UP!

Gini said...

Thanks for the homeland sign. Makes me miss my old stomping grounds.....

PASTIES?? for real? Not what I was thinking, but they do look yummy!

Welcome back.

Roy Wells said...

mmmmmm the Pasties do look good!